Are you seeking a new professional challenge where you can unleash your passion for cooking in a unique setting and independently evolve your identity as a chef?
Located in the heart of Berlin, the campus of David Chipperfield Architects is home to over 130 staff, working in architecture, urban planning, interior design and product- and furniture design. We take pride in providing an inspiring work environment that also indulges in culinary delights, with our canteen serving freshly prepared meals daily.
We are currently looking for an experienced and passionate chef to join our four-member team. Together, we aim to further develop our authentic family-style cuisine, balancing between exquisite vegetable-based dishes (occasionally including meat or fish), regional favourites, and elegant menus for special occasions and celebrations.
- You are responsible for the preparation of our lunch, a small breakfast offer and, if required, also for the catering of internal meetings and events.
- Together with the canteen team, you will develop the weekly menu, contributing your ideas and further developing our repertoire
- You will work in all areas of the kitchen
- Compliance with hygiene regulations (HACCP)
Requirements and skills:
- Creativity and joy in cooking are an integral part of your life
- You enjoy the further development of our vegetable cuisine and its interpretations
- You have sufficient professional experience, but what is most important is your passion and craftsmanship
- You have experiences in serving about 100 guests per day with a small team.
- Initiative and commitment are a matter of course for you
- Even in stressful situations you react in a balanced manner and remain calm and focused
- You like being a host and enjoy being in direct contact with our staff and guests on a daily basis
- working hours usually from Monday to Friday, 07:00-16:00 and approx. 2-3 monthly evening events (alternating with colleagues)
- no opening hours between Christmas and New Year's Eve (closed 24-31 December)
- a performance-related salary
- the Deutschland-Ticket or, if you wish, a discounted job bike leasing scheme
- free coffee, tea and fresh fruit
- Training and development opportunities
- an office that stands for diversity and a responsible approach to the environment, climate protection and sustainability
- an open and creative atmosphere
- flat hierarchies
- a lively working environment in Berlin-Mitte with excellent transport links
More about the Chipperfield Kantine: www.chipperfield-kantine.de
We look forward to receiving your application documents, including your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations. Please apply via this link.