Following the competition win to rebuild Neues Museum on Berlin’s Museum Island, David Chipperfield Architects Berlin was established in 1998. Over the past twenty-five years, the Berlin office has continuously grown and is presently working on a wide-ranging portfolio of over 30 projects throughout the world.
Back in 2004, David Chipperfield Architects Berlin moved into their own office building, a former piano factory in Joachimstraße 11. To form an office campus, the historic brick building from 1895 was expanded by four new buildings in 2013, establishing a creative work environment that encourages innovative ideas and engagement in the practice’s discourse on building culture.
The canteen and the green courtyards are open to the public and welcome business partners, the neighbourhood and guests. They offer an insight into the world of the studio and create a lively space for spontaneous encounters next to the workplace.
Today, the international team of more than 140 staff, enjoys a strong diverse environment in an office, which is currently in a transformation process towards a cooperative leadership model. With horizontal organizational structures and open flow of information between colleagues it allows openness throughout all levels and fosters an active culture of dialogue and participation.